A Mom Creating Memories

Friday, February 27, 2009

Quick Tip #5 - Actions Not showing up in folders correctly

Quick Tip #5 - Actions Not showing up in folders correctly (PSE7)

Ok...as I work through PSE 7 I am in the process of installing my actions. I followed the directions listed HERE to do so. I also created XML files for each action so I could group them. For instance I have several CoffeeShop actions so I created a folder for them. So, I found out a couple things.....

1. You can't have _ in the name it didn't pick them up (even after I rebooted).
2. My folders weren't getting picked up and they were putting them all in the wrong spots....so here is what I did.
- You have to rebuild the ThumbDatabase.db3 file...on vista it is located:
C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\7.0
- To rebuild...just make sure PSE 7 is shut down and rename the file to ThumbDatabase1.db3
- When you restart PSE 7 you will notice that a new file is created and this should fix the problem.

Hope this helps!

No comments: